Are you too busy for an hour-long workout session? However, you still want to stay healthy and fit? Well, in that case, you must inculcate yoga practice in your life. You don’t even need hours to practice yoga. Rather, a 10-minute yoga routine every day is enough to improve your flexibility, strength, and overall health.
You must be thinking about what can you achieve in 10 minutes. That is where you are wrong. You can perform an overall stretching in 10 minutes. The real struggle would be to take out 10 minutes every day from your schedule to practice yoga. Here’s what you can do every day for 10 minutes to be healthy. Read on.
10 Minute Yoga Routine – What to Do?
- Begin with a little shaking of your legs and arms.
- Place your feet on a yoga mat and bend forward to put your hands on the yoga mat.
- Get in a Downward Dog pose with legs bent a little.
- Slowly straighten your legs and push your hips towards the ceiling.
- Lift your chest and lower your hips to shift to the Cobra pose.
- Repeat this sequence a few times before getting on your feet.
- In the next minute, lie on your back and touch your left knee to your right side and vice versa.
- This will stretch and twist your spine.
- From this stance, get into a Happy Baby pose.
- Make sure you relax your muscles to let the pose work on your inner thighs.
- Next, sit in a comfortable place and extend your legs in front of you.
- Fold the leg and let your heel touch your groin. Keep the other leg straight.
- Touch the toes of the straight leg with the same side arm.
- Repeat the same while folding the other leg.
- Stretch out your legs and bend forward to touch your head to your toes.
Let go for a few seconds to relax your body. Now, you need to work on your legs. For that, you should follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Stand on your feet and slowly lower into a squat position.
- Bring your hands in front of your chest and join your hands in a prayer position.
- Hook your elbows against your inner thighs to stretch your hips.
- Further, hold your toes and slowly lift your hips.
- Do not leave your toes and stay in a Forward Bending pose.
- Make sure your legs are straight while bending forward.
This is the perfect and simplest 10-minute yoga routine that anyone can do. In case you want more, you can also practice the Bridge pose.
You need to keep a few things in check before and after doing a 10-minute yoga routine. This ensures you are on the right track while practicing yoga. Have a look at it.
Important Points to Keep in Check
- Warm-up is important, however, not necessary if you are just a beginner.
- Keep in mind that you should not push hard right from start.
- You need to build a little momentum and flow with consistent practice before increasing its intensity.
- Do not drink or eat anything before getting started with your practice session.
- Bending poses might put pressure on your spine, so, practice with caution.
- Always stay away from injuries.
- Wear clothes that permit free movement.
- In case of any injury or pain, have some rest to recover.
Learning yoga could come in handy if you want to change your life for good. Well, in that case, you need to join a Yoga Alliance certification course.
Beginners are always confused about how to begin a yoga practice. They even injure themselves while imitating a trained professional and leveling up too soon. So, you can even choose one of the best yoga schools in India to get trained by professional trainers.
Moreover, the beginning is not the hardest part. Rather, being consistent is something that will test your limits every day. So, you should first get familiar with the yoga basics. Later, you can head on to a full-fledged journey with the required knowledge in check. Over time, you become healthy, strong, and athletic.